Principles of the Guild
- We are a community of people who understand what it is to be a writer — we understand the challenges at all levels of writing, from the first draft through to the final book.
- We are an inclusive group who welcome writers in all stages of their career, from the feeling that you would like to write through to the published author*
- We welcome all types and styles of writers, from high fantasy to non-fiction, erotic fiction to fanfiction, novels to poetry.
- We exist for mutual promotion and support in our writing.
- We are not going to do the work for you. We will happily help but the work is and always will be yours.
- We aim to keep the community apprised of events relevant to our shared interests.
* “Published” is not exclusive to publishing houses.
Code of conduct
The Code of Conduct is currently under revision to accommodate recent changes in legislation. Along with this, a formalised Complaints Process is being implemented. It is our hope to ratify the proposed documents at the AGM in May 2017. Links to the proposed documents can be found below:
The previous incarnation of the Code of Conduct can be found here.
Other Relevant links: